Newbee

terry barlow

Hi all, just joined this nice looking caravan forum and must say i am pleased with what i have seen so far, and got a good discount on my caravan insurance to boot.
We have been caravaning for about 10 years now, we got into it because we had a dog that was getting on in years and we didnt want to leave him in kennels, we always used to go abroad for our hols and my sister would look after our dog but he was always escaping from her garden so we said enough is enough lets go look for tents to holiday in, i didnt fancy this so suggested a caravan and bought a early 1990's Sprite Musketeer and loved it so much, after a couple of years we decided to go bigger and bought a Lunar Chiron, we also loved this van but it was a uncomfortable bed that had to be made up everytime, so we then moved onto a Hobby Prestige. This was a fantastic van but was a bit too big for me to tow, we had it for about 3 years and sold it. We then bought a older Eldiss Hurricane a 1990 model 25 year anniversary, same again we loved this van, but we now have 2 Alsations so the van is too small, but we have had loads of happy hols in it, even over Christmas.
We are hopefully collecting a newer, bigger van this Saturday the 13th, its a Sterling Europa 495 a 2004 model with a fixed bed, we cant wait!!!!!
We go away in it to North Wales the following Saturday :)
Anyway sorry to have bored you but thats us in a nutshell really
All the best
Terry and Mandy

PhilHo

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Terry,

Welcome to the club! Hope you enjoy your trip to North Wales. Where are you planning to stay?

Cheers

Phil

terry barlow

Hi Phil, thanks for your reply, we are going to a Adults only site in Penmaenmawr (i think thats how it is spelt anyway, no good at Welsh, but wish i was), we have been there probably about 5 times now, it gets very windy as it is quite high up but we love it

PhilHo

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Terry,

Is that near Conwy?

It would be good if you took some pics of the site and facilities and gave them a bit of a write up here. If you love the place maybe more folks here would do as well.

Cheers

Phil

terry barlow

Hi, Phil yes it is near Conwy, its past Conwy where you are on the A55, you go through the 2 tunnels and before you get to the roundabout it is up on the left, sits quite high up. i will take some photos and post them. The owner is a lady named Pam, she is a lovely lady but i dont think i would like to get on the wrong side of her.
All pitches have a sea view and it is a lovely view