Caravan marks

Andy Keohane

Hello
I had my Caravan cover on all winter while in storage and when I uncovered there were like black marks all over it. I have tried washing and using a black streak remover but nothing seems to shift it, it also seems to repel water has any one experienced this or knows how to remove it any suggestions welcome

PhilHo

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Andy,

Do you have any idea what it is? I've heard of people who store their caravan near to an airport getting speckles of fuel on them. Or could it be mildew/mold on the cover and something it has produced getting on the paintwork. Is it just on the painted panels or also on the windows and plastic bits? Can you post a pic?

Have you tried some tar/road grime remover of some kind on a small patch? The problem you will have if you used something designed for getting oily stuff off is that it will take off any polish/wax finish you have on the paintwork and you could end up doing more harm than good. If you are going to try something more solvent/alcohol/petrol based then for goodness sake only do a very small area.

Good luck

Phil