WiFi

Stinky

Dear Members,

Some advice on using & paying for WiFi say on a Caravan Club site.

I use a pad to surf the net when I'm away. Instead of buying the expensive club site access I bought myself a "MiFi" short for a mobile WiFi site.

It costs me £46 (have come down in price since), its made by Huawei, comes in black or white, its unblocked so it can take any data SIM card, covers 3 & 4G.

The data SIM cards were costing me £10 for 3 months now just over £11 and the device can have up to 5 devices using it...great saving compared to the caravan club and you can use it even on the beach!

Stinky

PhilHo

Administrator
Staff member
Very interesting. So these MiFi devices are like a mobile phone that just accesses one number and gives access to the network via WiFi - brilliant! How good is network coverage?

I guess that foxfi does the same using your data allowance on the iPhone account.

I recently got an iPhone for almost the opposite reason. We have no reception at home and O2 have an app called TuGo that allows you to use your phone for voice and text messages via the WiFi network. It even works abroad so you can reduce your roaming costs if you can get onto a WiFi network while in Europe. You just use part of your normal account allowance.If you have O2 and an iPhone this could be a good reason to pay the club for WiFi access if the site you are on doesn't have phone reception.

Ian Sutton

yes that is how foxfi works uses your mobile data so no extra cost wifi signal is strong but again you are dependent on a good mobile signal first.