Spring check on my 2004 firestorm

Paul carter

Hi all were new to caravaning sort off had a old swift danette for 3 yrs now jumped upto a newer van, so my question is... What do I need to do to the van for the start of this season? IE water system steralizing? Or pipe cleaning? Any tips would be appreciated!!!

Hi Paul
Your best to check and flush the water pipes out plus also check you battery-this needs to be kept trickle charged when the van isnt in use. Check taps for cracks if water has been left in them over a cold spell. Pop the heater on for an hour or two so it airs the van out. Check tyres for correct pressure / damage such as cracking. Make sure your water tank is ok and again no frost damage has taken place. Look for damp - check the rear corners and front corners on your Elddis - it is after all an Avante but as a Barrons dealer special. Check gas is coming through ok and also pipe and regulator on bottles are all in good order too.
If all ok your ready for the off-the Firestorm range was very popular and sells well on the used market, I can see yours is the 505 a good used layout too where the rear can be left up as a bed if required so you have the advanatge of a fixed bed van yet it can be quickly taken down to get your living space all back.

Have a great touring season
Andy Jenkinson