Freshwater Bay

Scouse152

This site near Bridport in Dorset is ideal for families. We are off there with our 2 berth Avondale Avocet, facilities are good with both indoor and outdoor pools as well as a large bar area with evening entertainment.

woodentopp

This site near Bridport in Dorset is ideal for families. We are off there with our 2 berth Avondale Avocet, facilities are good with both indoor and outdoor pools as well as a large bar area with evening entertainment.

Hi, July 2014 we stayed at Norden Farm with the grandchildren (at the time 3 & 5 yrs ) it is situated roughly 1/2 mile or so north of Corfe Castle (handy for Studland or Swanage ) if you go to Studland it's handy to be National Trust members as parking isn't cheap at about £8 per day ( members free).
It is a working farm with quite a large shop but no bar or entertainment on site though there is a small restaurant.
There are several large fields for caravans on the edge of one, there is a pond. + loads of wide open space for kids.
There are peacocks chickens,geese etc & at the time we went, the kids were able to bottle feed the baby goats
The Swanage steam railway is close by , but I did find it rather expensive.
It's a good site to get away from the noise. We discovered the site by accident whilst on a day trip to the area. The staff were happy for us to have a look around, & having done so, we thought it ideal. We had up to that point been undecided on 2 others, but agreed on this one immediately. We all enjoyed the week , bearing in mind the weather was excellent, well worth a look,
www.nordenfarm.com. 01929 480098.
Kev.

Peterb

Freshwater Beach is a really nice, well looked after site. My wife and I went there for a week last September and were so impressed with the location (and the showers/toilets), that we booked again for this September.
It is great for families, but also for couples as it is right on the Jurassic coast with cliff top walks, some nice restaurants nearby, and you can get freshly caught seafood from Bridport for your BBQ.
There is also a seafood restaurant a mile or so away, which is right on the beach. Not a cheap restaurant, but certainly excellent...