Draught in caravan

vaughan

hi
im new to this so please can anyone help I have a terrible draft coming from behind fridge in my Avondale argente 642-4 can anyone help with solution
regards
vaughan

PhilHo

Administrator
Staff member
You do need some ventilation behind your fridge. Is the vent on the outside of the caravan broken?

Cheers

Phil

PhilHo

Administrator
Staff member
Unless someone here has had the same problem and can suggest possible solutions I think you are going to have to do a bit of investigation to find exactly where the draft is coming from. If it is from a vent designed to provide ventilation don't try and block it. If it is from a hole or gap that shouldn't be there you could post pics here and the knowledgeable members will no doubt provide some help.

Good luck with it.

Phil

Derek Johnson

Hi Vaughn

I have the same problem with my Sprite Alpine 2. The draft is from the vent at the back of the Fridge and I wondered if it was worth positioning the caravan so that the breeze was blowing on the non vent side unless someone cam suggest another option

regards

derek

deepee

Yup! Many manufacturers seem to have missed this completely. I have had to put up with this every time I use the van without an awning or porch. In the winter I cover the vents up for storage as the side of the van faces the prevailing west wind. There are vent covers you can buy, depending on the make of vent (ebay is a good source). I am really lucky. My vents were only current for 1 year!!! (20 years ago) so no chance for me.

Jay

Usually the draught shield has not been re sealed after a service. If you unscrew vent you will often see a thin shield between fridgeand caravan wall. Often you can also see the old 'gaffer' tape hanging down - this can be replaced gettingrid of a lot of draught and making fridge more efficient.

Graham McDowell

Usually the draught shield has not been re sealed after a service. If you unscrew vent you will often see a thin shield between fridgeand caravan wall. Often you can also see the old 'gaffer' tape hanging down - this can be replaced gettingrid of a lot of draught and making fridge more efficient.
We are having the same problem the vent is on the windward side where we are pitched this weekend and the draught coming in through the gap around the fridge and the cabinet is ridiculous. I am aware of the safety requirements of having unblocked vents in caravans but would like to find some way of plugging this gap which I don't think is part of the fridge venting.

Any thoughts on this would be helpful.