Autumn/winter caravaning

woodentopp

Hi, I know that this question is dependent on just how cold the weather is at the time. (But here goes)
I've read the handbook about internal water tanks & wonder just how late in the season you can continue to use an aquaroll? If there is a danger of a frost , can you just take the pump out & keep indoors overnight ?

Also, are ' motor movers ' worth the initial outlay ?

If anyone could advise I would be grateful.

Cheers. Kev.

Brian Heaney

Hi Kev,
With regard to you question re Motor Movers. This is my second caravan with a fitted Motor Mover and I must admit I would not be without. I have also experienced the type that fit on the " A " frame, which did not convince. There are various Manufacturer and u tube videos that I consider very helpful. Regards, Brian

Tony Viner

Hi Brian
We caravan all year & although we have an internal tank we only use it if there will be prolonged cold weather, a normal frost does not cause many problems, obviously it all depends on how cold it gets at night.
As for motor movers, their good for getting into tight spaces, but if you can reverse the van there's no need. Only disadvantages are they are heavy & so take quite a bit off your user payload, quite often are fitted fairly low down & so can bottom out on rougher ground & have been known to be sprung on by hitting the ground, also if you use it a lot it will take power out of your battery, not a problem if you us hook ups.
Tony

PhilHo

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Tony,

Do you change to propane rather than butane in the winter? Propane, red gas, gasses off at lower temperature. I stayed in a big old twin axle for 18 months while we did up a croft house on the Isle of Skye and changed to Propane after one very chilly night.

Cheers

Phil