Weird electrics

Paul carter

Hi all upon leaving caravan park to come home plugged electrics in an breaklights are dim when indicating side lights and breaklights flashing on both sides just all acting odd.... Any thoughts???

ChrisRogers

Could be a bad earth, or like my plugs last year. I had a side light out, new bulb, still out. I had to change both plugs for a 13 pin plug anyway; the black plug when unscrewed, fell apart, all the pins were rusty, same with the grey, I did wonder how I had any power to the caravan at all.

Bad earth connections in the caravan or car, corroded pins in the plugs or even the car socket, process of elimination.

Paul carter

Cheers for that... Mine started with a brake and side light out. Replaced it still not working changed the other side and both kinda work now but dim.. So yeah might look at the plugs next!!

GLYN

i agree with CHRISROGERS , i had a similar problem , try spraying WD40 on your plug and the socket on the towbar of your car

G8HAV

Hi,
All of the 7 pin N & S plugs use lightly plated steel for the connectors.

WD40 tends to vapourize, so I have always used marine white grease (also called water pump grease). This actually displaces water and some contacts have never shown any corrosion after ten years of outdoor use.