Elddis avante 646

John pepper

I have just bought an elddis avante 646 and am looking for advice, I am completely new to caravaning, other than going a lot as a kid.

Any advice would do, from storage to use!

Tonks

Hi John, That's an extremely 'wide' question which could cover a multitude of topics. Therefore, I suggest that you take your time, read up as much as you possibly can on sites such as these and caravan talk, and most importantly, don't rush anything.

I would also consider buying one of the caravan magazines such as practical caravan etc which always gives good advice. I store my van away from the house in storage. Although not on my doorstep, it is secure and when the van and I are away, it isn't as noticeable (no van on the drive = house empty!)... Also, ensure your van is winterised (protects the van) and taps 'central position' and open during the winter (to stop water in pipes freezing)..

Also, consider booking yourself on to a caravan club or equivalent course which teaches you all the basics and how to tow/reverse with the van...I did and very worthwhile.

The last and most important bit is 'enjoy'.....